How to Nail a Job Interview!
How to Nail a Job Interview!
Interview stress holding you back?
Need to boost (and show) confidence?
Want to create a killer, and lasting, impression?
In this one-to-one session, you'll learn simple techniques to quell interview stress so that you're able to focus on presenting your best self and saying the right thing.
We'll show you how to create inner feelings of power so that you feel, and look, confident. And, we'll show you what to do with your body language and how to use your vocal power, so that you make a great impression on your interviewer. Giving you the upper hand over other candidates and the best opportunity for success.
This three-hour, one-to-one, training can be held over one, or two, sessions– you choose.
Once you've purchased your session, schedule your appointment/s via the link in your order confirmation email.
N.B. Western Australian education employees– this is the same content delivered for Department of Education's Institute for Professional Learning– Interview with Impact. The time variation is due to the one-to-one interaction and individualised coaching in this online session.
Your professional success depends partly on your ability to impress prospective employers...
You can have the best track record and success stories behind you, but if you’re not performing well during a job interview, you’re less likely to win the position to get you to the next level.
The problem is, most people feel stressed during an interview and while this is perfectly normal, it doesn’t help you when trying to perform at your best. At worst, the physiological effects of stress can hijack your brain and body, leaving you with little energy for cognitive focus.
What’s more, research shows that it takes seconds to form a first impression, and that impression is lasting. Subconscious and conscious perceptions about you are created based on your nonverbal behaviour–your body language and your vocal power (the way you deliver your words). Many researchers have concluded the same results–the initial perception created in those first few seconds determines evaluation–the success, or failure, of your interview.
What you’ll learn…
In this session, we’ll touch on what happens to your body and brain as you feel interview stress. You’ll learn and practice simple techniques to quell the physiological effects of stress that impact your performance. You’ll also learn how to use your body and voice to increase inner feelings of confidence. Then, we’ll focus on helping you to create a great impression. You’ll learn about nonverbal communication cues, what signals they convey to others and which cues are vital to the success of your interview.
What you’ll walk away with…
You’ll walk away with an understanding of your emotional response to stress, with knowledge and techniques to combat it before and during an interview. Empowering yourself to take back control to be able to perform at your best. You’ll have a greater understanding of nonverbal communication cues, so that you can use them with purpose, controlling how you’re perceived by others. You’ll be able to present your best self, conveying trust, connection, competence and confidence–ingredients to give you the best chance of success.
This is a three-hour session, via internet conferencing technology.
Terms & Conditions
- If a suitable date/time cannot be reached, my alCOM.y will offer a full refund.
- The session duration is for a total of three hours. It can run over two sessions (of 1.5 hours each) or one session (of 3 hours).
- The session is limited to one client per session.
- The session will be held digitally, via internet video chat platform (e.g. Skype), or in person if within Perth, Australia.
- The client must have an internet connection to enable internet video chat session.
- In the event of technology failure and when an alternative option of digital training isn't available (or adequate), the session can be postponed or cancelled.
- This session is transferable and not limited to the purchaser– so you can purchase sessions for friends or family too!
- Once a session is scheduled, requests to postpone it must be made 24 hours before the start of the session.
- Clients who don't attend a scheduled session, without 24 hours prior notice, will not receive a refund for the session.
- In the event that a client cannot attend a scheduled session and they haven't postponed it 24 hours prior to the session commencement, the client is entitled to transfer the session to a friend, family member or colleague (their choice of topic is not limited to this session topic).
- By purchasing this offer, you are accepting these terms and conditions.