How to Not Get Bullied
How to Not Get Bullied
This session is free to anyone being bullied, under the age of 21 years!
Your body language and vocal delivery play a large part in how you are perceived by others, which ultimately drives their behaviour towards you. If you express vulnerability physically, you're perceived as being vulnerable, making you an easy target for potential bullies. The same physical expression of vulnerability creates feelings of powerlessness, due to the body-brain feedback loop. Understanding this allows you to compensate by making small tweaks to your body language, and voice, creating inner power and an outward perception of confidence.
Participants will learn how to create feelings of power within themselves, which in turn will create a solid outward perception of strength. They'll walk away with a skill set of simple tools, which will not only help prevent them from being bullied but will also provide a means to tackle future life challenges; a head-start in life.
This is a 2-hour session, which can be delivered over 2 sessions (ideal for children and young adults) if preferred.
Once you've purchased your session, schedule your appointment/s via the link in your order confirmation email.
We all have something about us that other people can use to pick on us. But some people get picked on and others don't. Why?
One reason is that we send signals about ourselves via our body language and voice. And if we're sending the wrong signals, a potential bully can see us as being vulnerable– an easy target. So if you feel scared about something, or if you feel shy, for example, your facial expression, body language and voice signal your fear to others, making you look vulnerable.
The most common reason for bullying is so that the bully gains a feeling of power and control, something that is often missing in their own life. The easiest way to do this is to pick on someone who seems vulnerable. If that person happens to be you, it's likely you have shown some kind of vulnerability. The bully then identifies something about you they feel will hurt you the most. Then they use this to hurt you as much as they can. While you feel hurt and start to think that what they are picking on is a real issue- it's not– it's just the means by which the bully can gain power and control.
I was targeted by bullies at both primary and secondary school. The bullies picked on me about my heritage. I'm mixed race and had a very unusual last name, which identified me as being 'different', giving bullies a reason to pick on me. I didn't realise at the time, but now I understand nonverbal communication, I realise the real reason was my behaviour, which showed my vulnerability– I was incredibly shy.
While I can't go back in time and help my younger self, I can help you, or someone that you know that is experiencing bullying.
I want to show you how to look and sound confident, even when you feel vulnerable so that you stop sending signals that make you look vulnerable. Even better than that, when you start to adapt your body language and voice to look and sound more powerful, it has an amazing, knock-on effect, that makes you feel more confident. So, in time, as you start to feel more confident, your natural body language will show confidence, instead of you having to consciously fake it. I'll also teach you some very simple techniques which will help you deal with the emotional burden of bullying, giving you more power to control your emotions.
This is a 2-hour session, via internet conferencing technology.
Terms & Conditions
- If a suitable date/time cannot be reached, my alCOM.y will offer a full refund.
- The session duration is for a total of 2 hours.
- A free session is limited to one per client.
- The session is limited to one client per session, unless under the age of 21 years.
- The session will be held digitally, via internet video chat platform (e.g. Zoom).
- The client must have an internet connection to enable internet video chat session.
- In the event of technology failure and when an alternative option of digital training isn't available (or adequate), the session can be postponed or cancelled.
- This session is transferable and not limited to the purchaser– so you can purchase sessions for friends or family too!
- Once a session is scheduled, requests to postpone it must be made 24 hours before the start of the session.
- Clients who don't attend a scheduled session, without 24 hours prior notice, will not receive a refund for the session.
- In the event that a client cannot attend a purchased, scheduled session and they haven't postponed it 24 hours prior to the session commencement, the client is entitled to transfer the session to a friend, family member or colleague (their choice of topic is not limited to this session topic, however, the session is limited to thirty minutes).
- By purchasing this offer, you are accepting these terms and conditions.